I’ve been playing at writing a long time. I grew up in the wilds of SW New Mexico where no television and limited electricity instilled in me an early love of the written word and wild places. Now I’m using that love to help others creatively articulate the myriad of information, ideas, and experiences that cry out for expression.
In the past I’ve worked as a assistant self defense instructor, Forest Service wildland fire fighter and trail maintenance tech, personal trainer, search and rescue volunteer, security officer, and behavioral health tech. I have a bachelors of science in Forestry Wildlife and completed the Long Ridge Writers Group course on short stories and articles for publication. In the past I held fitness trainer certifications through both the International Sports Science Association and MovNat.
Other things that have shaped my life and writing:
- Military Service
- 20-some year involvement in Combat Arts
- American Brewers Guild Craft Brewers Certification
- Long weeks Working in the Wild
- The first thing I got published was in Primitive Archer Magazine (2009).
- Published in Beauty & Wellness Magazine (2014)
- Weekly contributor to learn.kegerator.com